When Lord & Taylor arrived in 1953, Bishops Corner was on its way to becoming a neighborhood and regional shopping destination. Today, its four corners bustle with a mix of retail stores, restaurants and grocers, medical and commercial services as well as a library branch and a post office. A burst of new construction, now underway, will add a bank, a Wal-Mart grocery store and a specialty wine shop as the town’s long-range plan for the Corner gets going.
Its proximity to Route 44 still makes it easily accessible to folks from Avon, Canton, Simsbury, the Granbys and Bloomfield. Large gas stations on three of the corners make this the most convenient spot in town to fill up!